Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Kansas Christmas

This is my dad holding Wesley. During Thanksgiving, Wesley was not as happy as he had been during his life previously; Christmas in Kansas was a nice representation of our happy baby's usual demeanor! We enjoy seeing our parents enjoy the little man.
Wesley lasted long enough to see a couple of his own gifts before he went down for a nap. The Baby Mozart CD has been marvelous!
This is Sadie - my niece and Wesley's only first cousin. [As I understand the way you figure cousins, Wesley has one second cousin (Libby) as well - the daughter of Laura's first cousin (Erin). I say Erin is Wesley's first cousin, once removed, but Erin's daughter is Wesley's second cousin. Not everyone has found my system persuasive. I'd love some comment postings that affirm how I see it.]
I took a little heat for this gift (because I actually said I enjoy a good candle and wouldn't mind receiving one as a gift). But should a guy who needs a mirror and who knows what product to prepare his hair everyday and who uses a shower puff tease me for receiving a candle? I didn't think so.
While we were in Topeka at Sara and Kevin's house, God sent us 9 inches of snow. It was beautiful! Owen enjoyed the experience as long as he had company. Sadie, pictured above, enjoyed eating the snow alongside the hound. They were a good match.
The Kansas trip was great fun - something of a new venture into family tradition. Who knows what next year will bring?

1 comment:

Ben and Laura Reed said...

He probably shouldn't tease you... and just so you know, he called the other day from work and told me that we needed to go buy a candle for his office (so it doesn't smell like lunch for the rest of the day.)