Tuesday, May 29, 2012

April and May Activities at Home

We've been enjoying some fun around the house lately, and I've been trying to be better about taking pictures of it all. I've been wanting one of these paper rolls for the boys to draw on, and we finally got one at the end of April. Many masterpieces have been made since this first trial run. 



That experience was soon followed by trying a blue bunny peep from the Easter loot. Curtis never got past nibbling on the ears.  You can tell he's not too sure about it in this picture. Wesley, on the other hand, would have eaten the whole package if allowed. They both had blue mouths for the rest of the day.



Next up, Wesley and Curtis put on a little puppet show for me one day from behind the bed. Bear and Snail were the main characters. I think Snail had eaten all of Bear's vegetables that he had just planted in his garden, and Bear was a little upset.



These are just some cute pictures of Curtis playing with trains. He was really getting into it one day while Wesley was away at preschool.




Here's Wesley building a house with blocks. He has to be very protective of his creations thanks to that innocent looking little guy sitting on the rocking chair in the background!



This next picture cracks me up! One day Curtis asked me if I would like a drink. When I told him yes, he ran back to his room with a little yellow cup and began dispensing one for me from his dresser handles! I have no idea how he came up with that idea, but it was so clever and adorable.



And not to be outdone, Wesley then became a spy with his magnifying glass and key. He was unlocking a safe. :)


Lastly, we had some fun in the sprinkler yesterday morning. If there is ever water in his surroundings, Curtis will do anything within his power to get in it and get as wet as possible. Before we had time to get a swimsuit on him, he was drenched. Wesley was right behind him, but not quite as aggressive. 

In related news, Wesley just finished four sessions of swimming lessons at our city's recreation center. Wesley would not get in the water for his entire third session, and it took half of the fourth one to get him in. Fitting to their personalities, I told my sister that John Mark was trying to get Wesley into the water for his swimming lesson while I was busy keeping Curtis out!






1 comment:

Unknown said...

Love the water pics and how serious Wesley the spy is. Curtis dispensing a drink from the dresser is awesome.