Monday, March 4, 2019

Curtis' Field Trip to Inner Space Caverns and Cub Scout Bear Crossover

At the end of April, the second graders took a field trip to Inner Space Caverns in Georgetown! This was Curtis' first long distance trip on a charter bus. He loved the adventure and fancy bus ride. We saw little bitty bats hanging from the ceiling of the cavern so close I could have touched one (no pictures so we didn't disturb them), got to interact with a big tortoise, and watch some zebras throughout our time there. Curtis also got to "mine" for treasure after the cavern experience. We don't usually do souvenirs and gift shops, but I caved (pun intended) when Curtis fell in love with a toy spelunker helmet. As always, I had a wonderful time hanging out one-on-one with my little man.
Here we go!!





Under I-35!




Mining

No gold, but some pretty rocks.





Cub Scout Crossover to Bear!


Good job, Curtis T!

No comments: