
I decided this outfit is my son's "African dignitary" attire mainly because of the hat. Wesley had his six month check-up with immunizations last week. He is healthy and strong, and we are not assuming God owes us that! Rather, health and provision are things we do not deserve - expressions of God's kindness toward us. Wesley's head and length measured around the 75th percentile (or possibly higher on his length) for his age, but his weight put him squarely in the middle of 6-month-old children. He still cannot crawl or remain sitting up by himself, so we help him "assume the position" and try to lessen the force of impact when he plants his face on the floor.

He discovered his feet a number of weeks ago, but he plays with them now.

...but only when he can spare a hand from his preoccupation of sucking and chewing on everything within grasp. His left thumb is still his preference in most cases.

We are trying to be consistent with getting some cereal in that boy everyday. Feeding him is pretty fun - even when he tries to help by grabbing the spoon. In an unrelated topic of interest, this photo documents my unconscious responsive facial expressions. Laura tells me about them now and then, always to my disbelief.

Wesley, Laura and I hit the snow for a little while. The wind was crisp enough (the temp was around 25 degrees) that we could not stay outside long. That is a cold little face! Yesterday, when the temperature was a little above freezing, we tried our jogging stroller (called a B.O.B.) with great pleasure (thank you, Laura's cousins). Little Wesley had a little dried snot under his nose after we finished.
3 comments:
Don't worry, John Mark. I was always teased for making funny faces when I fed Jackson. Somehow, I guess I thought that if I opened my mouth wide enough, Jackson would follow along. I like that you told us about Wesley's dried snot. : )
I can't believe how Wesley has changed since we last saw you guys. I really didn't think that he looked like chunky baby before, but he looks so slim and long now (especially in the first picture). Hope you all are doing well... I know Ben wants to meet up with JM for coffee sometime soon!
He's precious! I love the dried snot comment :)
Post a Comment