Saturday, April 19, 2008

Small Adventures

Looks like it’s time for another picture blog to spice things up a bit around here. We haven’t been doing much out of the ordinary lately, but here are some pictures of what we enjoy most.

This is one of Wesley’s favorite floor activities. Our friend, Jane, got him this little toy at a garage sale, and it has been a hit! Wesley is good at punching the buttons and knocking over/picking up the little characters all of which cause the toy to burst forth in joyful tune. He has this contemplative face during the whole process.
Bath time continues to be one of Wesley's favorite things. He's quite the splasher and loves to kick his little ducky all around while getting the whole kitchen counter wet. He seems to understand what you do with cups now. When we try to use this cup to pour water over his head, he grabs it and tries to "drink" from it.
Now that the weather is finally getting warmer, we are LOVING our BOB stroller! Wesley seems to love getting strapped in and going for a walk with the puppy at the park or the neighborhood near our house. Wesley and I have been having some good walks together while John Mark runs. (His mini-marathon is next Saturday!)
Last weekend, I didn't have to work on Friday, so we decided to have a little "getaway" weekend. We went to Cumberland River and stayed in a little cabin. We really didn't do much except eat and walk around the river, but we had a really good time.
Our deck overlooked the water. I didn't get a picture of our view for some reason, but it was nice. It actually rained pretty much all Friday. We even had to go to the main house for awhile to wait until a tornado warning expired for the area where we were.
These were taken Thursday night while the weather was still nice.

As my mom says, you could land a helicopter on that bottom lip. :) In other news, Wesley has not one, not two, but THREE teeth! We were wondering why he was a lot fussier than usual for a couple of days, then last Wednesday, I noticed one little tooth emerging on the bottom left. Now almost a week and a half later, he's the proud owner of all of these! Needless to say, the fussiness has lingered. We're amazed at how little he drools, though!
Other than that, we're just sittin' around being silly. (Thanks to Lela!)

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Yay for the silly onesie!
The pic with the fat bottom lip is awesome.

Carolyn said...

I love the pictures! Wesley is so adorable.

john mark said...

Awesome pictures! I'm sure you all had a great time!

Unknown said...

Wesley is so cute! I was actually telling Boone that he needed to look at your blog to see how cute Wesley is just the other day!

Sorry to hear about your Sunday School woes from the previous post. I have no suggestions for curriculum, but free food usually seems to draw in a young crowd. We have lots of game nights with our friends. Maybe people would come to that? Young people are a tough crowd to please!

Amanda said...

What great pictures! Wesley is such a cutie. How fun to have a little get-away week-end:)

Anonymous said...

Wesley is adorable! I love him in his little hat!