Wesley's first birthday was the 31st of August. We celebrated his first year with a party on Saturday and had a great time! Wesley didn't dive into the cake like we thought he might, but he did enjoy smearing the icing all around with his hands and such. We had about 15 attendees all of whom are probably some of Wesley's biggest fans up here. I made some strange little finger foods and our good friend Valerie made his big cake. I did make Wesley's itty-bitty cake, which might have something to do with him not eating much of it. :)
A look of anticipation...

This was his reaction to everyone singing Happy Birthday to Wesley!

Donning the obligatory party hats
Trying some cake

Opening some gifts after getting a light scrub down.

A sampling of the decor..
Pretzel fish :)
Mini caramel apples
Origami stars that I spent way too much time on. Everyone wanted to eat them..
Thanks, Valerie!! So yummy!

Getting hosed off.
The party didn't end once he got cleaned up and in his jammies. Wesley got himself entangled in some balloons and crawled around like this for awhile. We didn't have a hard time finding him.

Happy 1st Birthday, Wesley!

The party didn't end once he got cleaned up and in his jammies. Wesley got himself entangled in some balloons and crawled around like this for awhile. We didn't have a hard time finding him.

Happy 1st Birthday, Wesley!
This year has gone by so fast. We are so blessed to be your parents!
6 comments:
Happy Birthday to Wesley! All of your pictures are so great, and I think your finger foods look great! I hope we get to meet Wesley before he turns two! Love you!
I wish we could have been there it looks like it was a lot of fun! Love all your decorations!
Last comment was from me.
Laura
Why is he celebrating topless in half the pictures? I guess it is a great look for him, showing off all those muscles :) Did you put baking soda in the cake??? Miss you guys, Love Auntie Mel.
It looks like a great party! Great decorations and fun food. I wish I could have been there!
I'm going through Bluegrass Clippings blog withdrawal, so I am tagging you guys... instructions are posted on my blog. Maybe it will give you inspiration to return to the world of blogging.
Laura
Post a Comment