Friday, August 21, 2009

Wesley summer pics & Quotes

Wesley learned many of the 'regulars' at church several months ago, but he noticed about 6 weeks ago that people kept talking to "John Mark." There were a couple of times he repeated that name after someone else had said it in a full room. We all stopped talking and one of us asked, "Where's John Mark?" After going through everyone's name in the room (including "Daddy"), Wesley was baffled about John Mark's identity.
Wesley with his second cousins. Three kids, a small pool with a slide = collisions.

One day this week the "Who is John Mark?" gig broke down - he figured it out. Today he pointed at me and said, "My John Mark."
He's gotten past some of his former hilarious pronunciations, but new ones have arisen. One of our favorites is "blue babies" or sometimes "blue beebees."

Yesterday the whole fam (minus dog) was sitting on the couch, each doing his own thing. Wesley broke that pattern by forcefully saying, "No, no! Stop it!" and swatting Laura's leg. After repeated corrections from us, I gave him his final warning before punishment. I reasoned with him - his responsibility is to obey Jesus, which in turn, means he must obey his parents. He may not tell us what to do. Jokingly, I added that he was permitted to boss the dog around if he could get the animal to pay attention. Wesley climbed off the couch, walked directly to the dog, leaned down toward where he lay, and said, "Obey Jesus!"

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I miss that kid. I love those quotes.

Unknown said...

That is hilarious! Did Owen start obeying Jesus? I hate to say it, but get used to the first name calling. They tend to think it is quite funny!