Friday, August 20, 2010

First Day of Seminars

This morning I went to my New Testament Reading Seminar - my first classroom experience in the PhD program. I arrived early enough to pass the Seminary president out walking with his dog. (He had his dog in the chapel for orientation on Tue!) I ran into my professor 10 minutes before class, and he sent me to a new location. A few minutes later we received word that our location had been changed again.

When I introduced myself to the prof & 5 other students, I embarrassed myself twice. Dr. Hoskins asked whether I knew two professors from my previous school. The first, I admitted, I had avoided taking his classes on the word of a friend. The second came to campus after I graduated, but I confused him with another professor with the same first name, whom I did know. I made a remark about playing basketball & throwing elbows with him. The prof & one student who knew the real man in question were a bit surprised but nodded in agreement.

No comments: