Thursday, November 1, 2012

Farm Field Trip

Wesley's class visited a local farm yesterday, and I got to join in as a parent chaperone. The place used to be a dairy farm, but mostly now I think they grow Christmas trees and host guests. First, they got to go on a hay ride (well, minus the hay) up to a playground area.





We got to roast marshmallows (seemed a little warm for that!)




I think Wesley's favorite part (apart from getting to ride a bus for the first time) was the sand pit. 




Every kid got to pick out two mini pumpkins. Here is Wesley searching for the perfect ones. 



Found 'em!




The whole class



Wesley said that after they got back to school they were all worn out, so they just laid on the floor and listened to stories.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yay your first field trip as a chaperone! I want to lay on the floor and listen to stories too.