Monday, June 9, 2014

ANGUS

After losing our sweet Owen Smedley in November, we were feeling ready to get another dog. I had been looking at the Weimaraner Rescue site for awhile, but I wasn't set on another Weimaraner (I didn't think). We went to our city animal shelter to check out a 4 month old pup. We all just loved him, but we were about to go out of town for a wedding, so we couldn't get him right away. I had already submitted an application to the Weim Rescue as well, but they weren't exactly prompt in responding (since it is all volunteer run). I finally got a response from the rescue that a blue weim had just been returned to the rescue because of some health issues that had come up in the family that had planned to adopt him. They said he was a really great dog, they just couldn't keep a dog with these new changes. We drove about an hour on a Friday afternoon in May to meet him and instantly fell in love. He was 95 pounds when we got him and tired of being in a kennel! He does have some room for improvement as far as manners go (jumping in excitement, still thinks he should be allowed on the furniture, etc), but he is such a sweet dog that is exceptionally forgiving with our boys. We think he's great! Plus, he makes us walk him every day, so that's good for our activity level. Here is ANGUS!



No comments: