In May, my Mimi fell and broke her hip. I was the one who found her after her fall since I was in Austin for a conference. I called 911, and an ambulance arrived quickly. Mimi was impressing all of the paramedics with her wit and positive attitude amidst her circumstances. It has been a long road, but she is finally back home with live-in help. She is doing pretty well now. We went to visit her at the end of June when she was still in the nursing home rehab facility.
We visited the Texas Military History Museum at Camp Mabry during our visit. I was surprised at how much I enjoyed seeing all of the different uniforms, planes, tanks, etc. They had lots of war re-enactment scenes that were sobering.
 |
| On a mess wagon |
 |
| Wesley in the cockpit ejection seat |
 |
| Curtis was waiting for it to eject him :) |
 |
The boys got to pick out one thing to get as a souvenir. These helmets were in the running for a minute, but Curtis chose plastic army men, and Wesley chose a model stealth bomber. John Mark scored some used WinstonChurchill books he's always looking for. |
 |
| Trying on real military gear. It was very heavy! |
 |
| Daddy and Wesley playing War back in Mimi's room |
I've gotten to visit with Mimi a lot more than usual in the last few months due to her fall, and I have enjoyed it. So glad she is getting closer and closer to normal!
No comments:
Post a Comment